As provided for by Section 466 of RA 7160 shall:.
- Be the presiding officer of the sangguniang panlalawigan and sign all warrants drawn on the provincial treasury for all expenditures appropriated for the operation of the sangguniang panlalawigan;
- Subject to civil service law, rules and regulations, appoint all officials and employees of the sangguniang panlalawigan, except those whose manner of appointment is specially providedin this Code;
- Assume the office of the governor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy as provided for in Section 44, Book I of this Code;
- Exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the governor in cases of temporary vacancy as provided for in Section 46, Book I of this Code; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Login to post comments